The Reflective Shade

In the wise words Karl Lagerfeld, "Sunglasses are like eyeshadow. They make everything look younger and prettier."
And who doesn't want to look younger and prettier? Like the Kaiser, I'm an advocate of a great pair of shades, mostly for their ability to pull everything together with absolute ease. On most days I'll have, at some point at least, worn one of my Ray-Ban Wayfarers (mainly because they evoke a timeless sense of style and just go with everything, which is a huge deal). But recently I've found myself glaring at different shapes and colors in an effort to explore a world beyond tortoiseshell and stark angles. 

It goes without saying that hyper reflective lenses are the complete polar opposite to regular green and brown tints, and perhaps surprisingly, are not unfamiliar territory (reflective shades were all I wore skiing). So, in a rare full circle moment, I can't help but be completely drawn-in. And besides all the aforementioned jargon, reflective lenses shield an obtrusive wandering eye (boys will be boys). Not to mention the sun's unforgiving glare (rays will be rays). 

- Alexander Atkins, wearing Forever 21's Letterman Sweater and a vintage reflective sunglasses, photographed by Jessica Craig in Laguna Beach, California.