The Return of the Backpack

Ah, the backpack - we've all had one. Once frowned upon, now a hot commodity? That's right people, this is happening.
I’ve made several points about the benefits of a great backpack - remember that Louis Vuitton mountain climbing-inspired number? (which I’m still coveting in a major way, FYI). Truthfully I haven’t used a backpack since the ninth grade (I upgraded to a Prada messenger bag which I still use). But that’s not the point. The point is this: essentially the backpack is back, and I’m game.

I’m not talking bulky, ‘durable’ backpacks that your super outdoorsy, flanel-wearing (read granola) neighbor-type would wear on a hike upstate. I’m thinking fun, statement packs for urban jaunts to Dean and Deluca, you know? Burton’s aviary print is exceptional in that it a.) reminds me of hunting and the country, and b.) feels playfully preppy in an un-annoying way. I’d definitely wear it to work, dressed-up with a Burberry Prorsum double-breasted navy blazer, a Rag and Bone split-v-neck tee and a fine-stripe short-short. What’s more the aviary print comes in an iPad case too.

Welcome to Wednesday.

Alexander Atkins, holding a Burton Birds Tablet Case, photographed by Camille Labat in Palo Alto.